2015 Gratitude & 2016 Resolutions

I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes right now. It's a bit cliche to do resolutions I'm sure but I am a huge fan of anything that gives me a bit of accountability. I like to have a bit of a focus. It keeps me on the straight and narrow and really helps with my anxiety. I don't want to forget about 2015 though. A lot of good things happened for me during that year.

                                              I Want To Thank 2015 For...

- My family and friends in general. Relationships flourished, many glasses of wine were had and it has been a joy to watch Billy interact with you all. Thank you for your help and support as always. 

- The growth of my blog. The end of 2015 was a time of huge growth for my blog. I have a new found confidence in the direction I am going with it, the goals I have and it's voice. Thank you sincerely all of you lovely people who take the time to read my scribbling and to all the PR companies and brands who choose to work with me. I look forward to a bigger and better 2016. It will be hard to top the Elf On The Shelf incident. Innocently sharing a photo lead to 18 million people seeing the post on my page and 200,000 people sharing it. Mind Blowing. 

- Losing weight. Just before Christmas I had reached the two stone mark (well, I was a pound away) and am at the lowest weight I have been in years. There is an inevitable Christmas few pound gain but I will be tackling that in the coming days. 2015 gave me a healthy perspective and helped me find a plan that works for me. I am following Slimming World and generally enjoy my weekends and am super strict from Sunday-Thursday. It works. Finally something that works. I've managed to stick to it for months now. It has been slow and steady and that is fine by me. Feeling healthier and more confident in myself has opened up so many doors for me too. I had no idea I was being held back in that way. 



- My happy and healthy little family. After an eighteen month wait we had Billy's referral appointment regarding his heart murmur. The result was that his heart is working perfectly and it will not cause him any problems in the future. I am so grateful. Our little man may not be a sleeper (yet) but he is one happy, healthy and thriving little boy. He brings so much joy to us all. We are so lucky. 

- Our new house. We have done a fair bit of moving around over the past couple of years. We have finally found a home that we hope to settle in for many years. We are just so happy here. The layout is perfect for an active toddler (who likes to scare the bejaysus out of us and climb everything, but that's another days work...). I look forward to spending lots of time cooking up a storm in our kitchen and enjoying time out in the garden. There really is no place like home. Having my little family under one happy roof means everything to me. I am so grateful. 

- Our holidays. We had a gorgeous week in the sun and some lovely weekends away. There is nothing like it. So grateful for those experiences. 

                                                    What I Hope For 2016...

- First and foremost the most important thing to me is the health and happiness of my family. I hope 2016 will be a great year in that respect. If my family are happy then I am happy, simple. 

- Growing my blog and brand exponentially. She doesn't ask for much does she, says you. I mean it though. I am writing it here for accountability but 2016 is going to be a huge year for Love Of Living. I have lots of plans and by the end of 2016 it's going to be HUGE. So there. 

- Reach my goal weight. I don't care if it's not until the week before Christmas. I don't care if it's losing half a pound a week. I just want to continue to lose weight in 2016. Slow and steady. I have gone from a size 20 (pretending to be an 18) to a 14 and 2016 will be another great year for growing my confidence and improving my health and well-being. I will be actively blogging about it in a new series too so watch out for that. 



- To have many family fun days. Outdoor experiences, park days, holidays, lunch dates and movie nights. Anything that involves quality time with my trio brings me so much joy. I want to enjoy every moment with the beautiful family I have been blessed with. 

- To get some sort of a hold on my anxiety. I am toying with the idea of returning to Counselling because it really helped me in the past. As always I will be talking about the way I feel and making no secret of that part of my life


Labels: , , , , ,