Vote For Me? Please And Thank You

There is a great buzz about the blogging world lately since the official launch of the 2015 Irish Parenting Blog Awards. They take place on 25th April in Dublin, and with headline sponsors such as Glenisk, it's a really exciting event. 



I started my blog over a year ago and I am so grateful for the ways in which it has grown and flourished. The most exciting part of my blogging journey (besides morphing from pregnancy blog to parenting blog) has been the fact that the most unsuspecting people contact me to tell me that they enjoy my blog. I mean it. I'll get a private mail on Facebook and it will be from someone telling me that they related to my blog post about breastfeeding, cooking, sleep deprivation, budgeting or whatever else it may be. It's a seriously humble feeling to get a message like that from a person who you never imagined would be reading your blog. And this has happened time and time again. If nothing else it just further emphasises the need and demand for personal parenting and lifestyle blogs. They are becoming the go-to place for free advice, entertainment, and inspiration. Sure isn't that why I set one up myself? I was constantly reading blogs when I discovered that I was pregnant with Billy Bear. I read birth stories every other day and it gave me a really good idea about what to expect in the delivery room, while of course recognising that no two experiences are the same. And then it happened, I took a leap of faith and set up my own blog. And most recently, my own vlog where I make videos on my You Tube Channel

And the rest is history. This blog is my therapy, my little piece of the internet, and my other baby. I love writing and I love providing material that others will hopefully relate to. That involves being honest (and sometimes a bit TMI type of honest) but I realised very soon in to this blogging journey that it is literally counter-productive and backwards to give a seconds thought to those who might roll their eyes at this type of thing. I remember that was a huge stumbling block for me in the first few weeks. Worrying about what others would think. It was like being a teenager again, not wanting to put yourself "out there" for fear of being mocked. Thankfully those fears very quickly vanished in to thin air and I found my mojo. I couldn't have done that without the advice, support and guidance from some of the other bloggers of the Irish Parenting Bloggers. Seriously, if you enjoy reading blogs (which hopefully you do if you are reading this right now?) then I cannot recommend this website enough. Grab a cuppa, relax and you will definitely find something that floats your reading boat. Whether it's cosmetics, crafts, cookery, baking, baby wearing, breastfeeding or pregnancy (to name but a few topics) there is something that appeals to everyone. I feel truly honoured to even be associated with such a talented group of men and women. 

And this leads me to my next point. It would be a serious achievement to get a nomination for an award at this years Irish Parenting Blog Awards. If you like my blog, and have a spare minute, it would mean the absolute world to me if you could send a nomination my way. It really does only take a minute. There are ten categories and you can nominate one blog for as many categories as you see fit. 

How to do it  -

Visit the Irish Parenting Blogs website here 

Provide your name and email address 

Nominate my blog (or any others) for the ten different categories with the simple click of a button.

For best blog post, if you are considering any of my posts for this award I would love if it were this one. It's all about the things that I KNEW I would never do when I became a mother, and I am doing them ALL. I was delighted when Easy Parenting Magazine published this as an article in their February 2015 edition of the magazine. 


And there we have it folks. If you have a spare minute I'd be so grateful for a vote of some sort. 

Can I also just take this moment to thank you all, sincerely and from the bottom of my heart, for supporting Love Of Living over this past year or so. On the 26th January 2014 when I pressed "publish" on that first post, I never imagined that I would receive the support and encouragement that has come my way. It is a spectacular feeling. I feel 2015 is going to be a very productive year for the blog, and I look forward to sharing it all with you every step of the way. 

And Billy, my little dumpling, who doesn't even know what the internet is (but who is a fan of an occassional selfie) says thank you for supporting him through the dribbles, the nappies, and the many smiles that rock my world on a daily basis. 



Tracey x

Labels: , , , ,